Saturday, December 11, 2010

IF-phenomenon

It’s an assignment to create an illustration for Greenpeace calendar. Greenpeace is the leading independent campaigning organization that uses peaceful direct action and creative communication to expose global issues such as the threat of global warming, destruction of ancient forests, deterioration of our oceans, and the threat of a nuclear disaster loom large. Greenpeace is actively working to address these and other threats.

Such organization as Greenpeace help us understand these world wide issues and what we need to do to help this planet. It is also quick scary to believe that some people does not believe in global warming. It has been happening for a long time and today it is hard to pretend that it is not.

7 comments:

Xiao Mei Lin said...

I love this drawing and the concept. I think the way you drew the animal as part of the tree working out pretty good. It does look like they are emerging from the tree.

Christine said...

Thanks for your comment, I really like the message on your illustration too, it's an important one in our present climate.

naomi orana said...

just wonderful! fantastic technique :)

Linda Hensley said...

What a nice blog! I enjoyed going through past posts. I like the animals in your Greenpeace tree. I completely agree with you about the climate change deniers. I wish we could agree long enough to think of ways to fix things. Thanks for visiting my blog.

Anonymous said...

I love your art. Its a brilliant piece! And your message is so apt for the times. :) Thanks for the encouragement you left on my blog.

Coreopsis said...

This is a lovely drawing! You've integrated the different parts of it so well.

Richard Ewing said...

Nice dovetailing...